Sunday, November 2, 2014

Color my World

Hello world! I'm back! Mwahaha...

No but seriously I've been hella busy and stuff has been crazy but I. AM. BACK! HA!  So let's see...I applied to a huge university, got my license, gonna be 18 soon, and I have a HUGE surprise coming for mah birthday!  Actually it's like 5 days after but who cares! xD

So I kinda had this idea, but then it was suggested to me that I try and write about it so I'm gonna do this thing.  I want to discuss colors.  Like clothing colors.

I guess my main purpose in this post is to ask you all something.  I'd like to ask you to please, if you don't like it that someone always wears black or always wears pink or red or whatever, please please please please please keep your comments to yourself.  Maybe someone who wears pink all the time had a family member die of breast cancer and that's just their way of remembering them.  I know for me personally, if I'm not wearing something black or dark I don't feel right.  I can't explain why, it's just I feel more secure if I'm wearing something dark.  It sounds really weird, I know, but it's just the way I am.

When someone makes a comment about how I'm "dark" or "goth" or whatever, or asks me, "Why do you wear so much black?" it makes me feel like I'm unacceptable.  I could be wearing black jeans and a long-sleeved tshirt that happens to be a dark color and I'll still get comments from people.  I'm not wearing daisy dukes or a bikini top.  I'm not showing more skin than I'm covering.  But I still get comments with a judgmental edge just because I'm wearing dark colors.  People, as long as others aren't dressing slutty and trashy who gives a crap what they wear?  I hate pink but I don't walk up to a girly friend and ask, "Why do you wear so much pink?" My sister's favorite color is blue.  Aside from the running teasing in our family about her and blue, I don't ask her, "Why do you have to wear blue all the time?" It's her favorite color, why shouldn't she wear it?  So what makes people think they can just walk up to me and ask, "Why are you wearing such dark colors?  Are you goth?"  Why do people think they can give me a hard time and make fun of me just because I prefer black to something else?
It doesn't matter what color people wear OK?  So don't make nasty or snide comments about it.  You wouldn't like it if they did it to you, so just leave them alone.

There's my muttering for today.  Hope you can see where I'm coming from.  See y'all later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment