Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Things aren't always as they seem

I have a friend.  

Yes.  I actually do have one.  Surprise!

But in all seriousness I have a friend.  His name is Tucker.  He was honestly the last person I envisioned myself writing about, but here I am.  

Let me tell you something about me.  I'm a reasonably unbiased person.  I don't really care if you're gay, straight, black, white, male, female, old, young, whatever.  If you're a shady-lookin' street person I will most likely be stand-offish, but for the most part if you're a decent-looking person...I will be nice and civil and all that jazz.  This being said, it will be no surprise to you that I actually have friends.  

Now back to my story.  

Remember back in the summer when I went to SSI?  Well that's where I met him.  And to be quite honest, he's really the only one I've kept in touch with.  I should probably fix that.......oops.  

Anyways, I learned some things from Tucker that I wanted to share with you:  
  1. People aren't always what they seem to be.  
  2. Even people who are polar opposites can be friends.  Best friends, even.  
  3. The people who you least expect can end up being there for you when no one else is.  
  4. Accept people who are different.  
So that's what he's taught me.  You know what I find hilarious is that while I'm writing this I'm talking to him and refusing to tell him what I'm saying.  Looks like Isaac isn't the only one to get the evil treatment. ;)  So he's gonna read this and probably end up hating me for saying what I'm going to say next...

There was a period of time where Tucker irritated me to no end.  I had my reasons, be they good or not.  And no, I'm not re-living my foolishness so don't ask.  My lips are sealed.  

Before you send me a flaming text, Tucker, read this:  That is not true any more!  

Seriously.  

It used to be, "Ugh! Can I get no peace!", but now when I talk to him it's more like, "It's been five stinkin' minutes where the heck did he go?"  

People change and grow up.  They adapt and they become better.  I think both Tucker and I have had that experience.  If I were to express my opinion--which I will because it's my blog and that's what I made it for--I'd say that we are really good for each other because we make each other think about being a better person in general.  I'm not going into details 'cause that would take too long, but that's the idea.  

Now to keep within the confines of my title, if I had assumed Tucker would never change and not allowed myself to see how he had, then I would have deprived myself of an amazing friend.  He may have seemed annoying or irritating at the time, but now, in the end, I have a friend that really has put up with a lot of my crap, my ranting, my frustration, and my mood swings, and he's been a real trooper about it.  So props to you my friend.  You're amazing.  Takes a special person to handle this hot mess.  :P  

So there's my post for this week.  My encouragement to you is not to take your limited experience with a person and let it define them as a whole.  You might miss out on a rewarding and fantastic friendship.  :)  

Have a good week, and I'll talk at 'cha next time! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment