I've written about my friend Isaac before (To read about our studying adventures click here for my version and here for his.) and I am going to tell you another story about our "adventures" today. And some of this information will be news to him, so Isaac if you read this....um...you're going to find out how evil I really am...hehe *radiating innocence*
So Isaac plays in a symphony orchestra and has asked me several times to come see him play. Of course, being the dutiful friend that I am, I have gone to every performance possible...NOT! I am indeed a terrible friend and I just plain missed his first concert. I know...I was seriously disappointed. Anyways, he had another concert tonight, and I was bound and determined to make it. I had it planned weeks in advance, and my mom told me if I wanted to go, I could.
Now to Isaac's credit, he is very busy studying and practicing, and doesn't have nearly as much free time as I do to screw around and text all day. So when he didn't answer my messages about said concert, I devised a plan...make him think I'm not going and then show up and surprise him!
Now if any of you know me at all, you know that that was just the basic plan, and my mind was bound to come up with a way to make it infinitely better...which it did. I started telling him I might go, that I didn't know if I could yet, but that I was trying. I told him that Monday and Tuesday, while of course gathering information on how I could find him after the concert et cetera. It was quite an elaborate plan, really, since I had to say everything just right so he wouldn't catch on and ruin everything...darn him and his smartness. ;P
Anyways, today rolls around and I've even arranged for my best friend and partner in crime Emma to come with me. I stayed off social media all day...no posting about anything related to music or my plans for the day or anything. I disappeared until about 6pm, when I messaged Isaac and said,
"Hey...I'm a terrible friend but I don't think it'll work. :'("
"Pshhhh don't sweat it. We can be terrible friends together.
We will have many more opportunities to share music with one another."
So he totally bought it! I was in my room laughing like a maniac while typing sad faces and serious stuff. (Isaac I told you I was evil) So poor Isaac thinks I'm not going again. Anyways, Emma and I got in the car and mom drove us to the concert hall. I was telling her my plan, all the while suppressing the one little part of me that actually has a soft spot for people, and she, being kind-hearted and always having a soft spot for my friends, hints that maybe I should tell him I'm coming after all...I blew her off. Nah, let him suffer more and the surprise will be better. (I'm sorry Isaac I'm so evil oh my goodness!) Then mom played on my soft spot for him with a "you don't want him to be sad the whole concert while all the while you're sitting right there." (BE STRONG ALISON BE STRONG!!!) But my strength collapsed. Emma and I got into the concert hall and I called him...
"Hello?"
"Guess where I am."
"Uhm...I don't know?"
"The Wharton."
"Whhhaaaatttt? You. Are. So. Naughty!"
I was literally kneeling on the floor laughing when he was talking. (I'M SO SORRY OHMYGOSH)
So we're sitting there in the auditorium and his family walks in. So I went and said hello of course, and I saw where they were sitting, but Emma and I stayed in our spots. Perfect for getting a great view of the viola section and, of course, right in front of the trombones...lovely. xP Isaac was a couple rows in front of us, so we weren't in his direct line of vision.
The conductor had them stand up so many times I lost count, but the first time, he seemed to locate his family, since he did a stage wave in their general direction. In the subsequent times where he could turn and face the audience, I could see him scanning, looking for me. I was of course laughing because Emma and I were sitting in the third row, off to orchestra right...not hard to miss, I thought.
Anyways, I became concerned when he spotted us. He looked at us for a millisecond then jerked his head away and I instantly panicked. I thought for sure I'd ticked him off and he was going to yell at me or something. My fears were somewhat relieved when, after the concert, he sent a "stage wave" in our direction as well.
After the lights came on and everyone started leaving, I was talking to Emma when I heard him call my name. I looked up and he was giving me a funny look, so I walked over to the rail and met him...I have to confess the first thing out of my mouth was "Are you gonna yell at me?" By this time I was feeling kind of bad that I tricked him, and I was genuinely concerned that he was mad at me. (Isaac you totally lost an opportunity to get me back right there.) But no he forgave me, and I was back in his good graces. (Whew!)
So the moral to the story is that really...probably not the best idea to pull the kind of prank I did...although it had a very happy ending, including the awkward instrument hug that only musicians will understand, a recitation of the whole story to his mom, and a promise to hang out sometime again. Ah, aren't friends great? They'll usually forgive you for tricking them if it all ends up good right? Um...don't push your luck. xP I'm just lucky Isaac has a bit of a sense of humor...and he knows that I usually mean well...although now that he knows the background....I may have some explaining to do...I'd better start preparing for the interrogation. xP
And by the way, the concert was great! :D Emma and I had a great time, and I can't wait for the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment