I have another story for you...again about surprises. Only this time...I was the one that got surprised. And it was so special that I just have to tell you all about it. :P
So today, November 9, 2014, is my 18th birthday. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like a big fuss made over me. I hate being the sole center of attention, although I love being a part of the action. So when my mom started asking me about what I wanted to do for my birthday, my response was always along the lines of "Oh I don't know...maybe go see a movie or go out for coffee with a couple people." That was my idea of the perfect 18th birthday celebration. Well...I had no idea what perfect actually was.
I have three girls that I call my best friends: Rachel, Rebecca, and Emma. All three of them knew I wasn't planning anything for my birthday. They all knew I was pretty much writing it off as unimportant. So Rachel decides she wants to do something with herself, me, and Rebecca: "The Trouble Trio". We decided we were going to go shopping and then hang out at one of their houses for a few hours and watch movies or whatever. Sounded good to me. I do have my license now, after all. :)
Well, it turns out that those three, with help from my sister, planned a surprise party without my knowledge (obviously) and the shopping was just a cover to get me to Rachel's house.
We walked in the door, and I was thinking about whatever and I was probably on my phone just following Rachel when all of a sudden there's people everywhere yelling something like "SURPRISE!"
Well it surprised me alright. Scared the ever-loving daylights out of me. My brain went from logically ordered thoughts to: "asdfghjkl!" in about 0.0000001 seconds. I couldn't comprehend what just happened. All I knew was there was like 10 people who just jumped out of absolutely nowhere and not only scared me, but totally interrupted my train of thought. But unfortunately for me, when I get freaked out like that, I have no filter on my mouth. To my embarrassment and everyone else's entertainment, the only thing my brain could come up with by itself was "You guys suck!" Now, please understand that my coherent self would have said something along the lines of "What....just happened?" but my brain on auto-pilot...I have no control.
So after I calmed down and regained control of my faculties, I was so touched. Like I said I hate being the center of attention, but this was somehow different. I couldn't believe they were that determined to make my 18th birthday so special. But the surprises weren't finished...oh no. As if jumping out of a dim room yelling at an unsuspecting victim wasn't bad enough, there was more.
These smarticles invited my buddy Isaac, who I hadn't heard from in about a week. My mom was telling me to leave the poor college student alone, and I was mostly being the dutiful daughter...besides, I had studying and stuff to do too...well when he showed up it was pretty much the most exciting thing EVER because I had a million things I wanted to discuss with him and I had music questions, open-ended rhetorical questions, etc...the kind of thing our friendship feeds off of.
Now, on to the next best part in my opinion: Ghost in the Graveyard. If you've never played this game, you are seriously missing out. Also, don't ever play it during the day. It's not fun AT ALL. Anyways, basically what happens is one person hides and the other people have to go look for them. BUT! you don't always have to find them before they start chasing you. Some geniuses like to jump out at some unsuspecting victim and then tag them before they have a chance.
Back to the story.
We decided to play this game. Well, actually everyone else decided to play. Isaac and I were deep in a discussion of something and were dawdling putting our shoes and coats on. We even skipped a couple rounds to discuss something important. Most of it was arguing over how mean I was or how mean he was. He was meaner 'cause he kept grabbing me and yelling like he was scared just to scare me. All I did was tell him he was a chicken 'cause he wouldn't leave the well-lit areas of the yard to venture into the dark unknown where there could be "ghosts" hiding. See why I was right?
Anyway, we came inside for cake and Rachel was teasing me because there was one candle that didn't get extinguished...turns out it was a trick candle so they sorta framed me. Then we played some card games, laughed A LOT, and some people were playing with streamers. *cough cough* and it wasn't me. xP
I have to say that was probably one of the best times of my life. And really guys, when you have friends who don't listen to your insisting that your birthday isn't important and do something that amazing for you...don't ever give those friends up. And don't ever give up the friends who take the time to go to that event. Those are people you need in your life.
So shoutout to everyone who was involved in that party. Y'all are the best. I know I won't forget my 18th birthday now. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment