Saturday, November 22, 2014

Boys and Crushes...Magic without the Sparkles

Girls...let's just face it...guys are attracted to us.

Unless they're gay.

I'm talking about straight guys today.

But seriously, we do things to them that we don't even know.  I'm going to try and tell you what you do to that guy that's crushing on you just based off my observations and my studies.  Don't look at me like that.  I have to do research on male brains if I'm gonna write about them gawsh.  ;)

So you know who he is...whether he's that weird awkward kid you were nice to once when he dropped his binder and papers spilled all over the floor, he's that shy, quiet, but surprisingly cute guy that in the adorable awkwardness of himself barely musters the courage to say hi to you every morning, he's your best friend, but he's really cute and you're not even sure if you don't like him, or he's your boyfriend.  Regardless of who he is, what role he plays in your life, or if you like him back or not, there's gonna be that one dude that's crushing hard on you.  It's like you cast a spell on him or something and you're looking for the wand and pixie dust responsible...or maybe a little dude in a diaper with heart-tipped arrows.  Whatever.

You probably know you're messing with his head, but do you know how?  Do you know what he's thinking?  Would you like to?  Keep reading...my (sometimes) humble opinion follows:

Here's my perspective on what we do that drives those guys wild.


  1. Your presence makes him nervous.  It's the same for you.  You know when that guy you like comes around all the butterflies and stuff that go wild in your stomach?  Yeah...that's what you do to that guy that likes you.  
  2. Your smile makes him melt.  It's just true.  He loves seeing you happy.  It warms his heart, especially if you're smiling because of him.  Like if you laughed at one of his lame-o jokes just so he didn't look like a fool or if he paid you a compliment and it made you smile...that kind of thing.  
  3. Your eyes enchant him.  They say eyes are the windows to the soul.  If this guy is crushing majorly on you, every time he looks in your eyes he falls for you even more.  
  4. When you touch him, I can't even describe... You know it girls, when your crush gives you a hug, or touches your arm in a conversation, or brushes your hair out of your face, it gives you the willies.  What makes you think it's any different for a guy.  If you fix his hair, grab his arm, whatever, he has ice running up and down his spine too.  He's just too cool to express it. ;)
  5. Everything you do is adorable to him.  OK maybe not everything, but your antics.  The way you skip every couple steps when you're happy, the way you flip your hair out of your face even though it's just going to fall back anyways.  That look you give him when you're pretending to be mad at him. The little things you do.  It's just cute.  

You know girls, I may not be 100% accurate, but can you see some similarities?  The guys have a lot of the same emotions as we do, they just don't express them.  I think that's what attracts us to them.  They're so mysterious.  I think we should be more mysterious.  Not let on what we really feel.  You know?  I mean girls are stereotyped as emotional but when we're mysterious it really piques a guy's interest.  I'm not talking about being secretive.  I'm talking about just keeping emotions discreet, quieting down a little, and just being friendly and sweet without the emotional part.  

So that's what we do to guys...with a little lesson for the females. ;)  Guys, let me know if that's accurate.  If it's not, tell us what we do that makes your insides start flip-flopping all over the place.  

Also, I just got really excited about this song that my friend Tucker recommended to me called "Shut up and Dance" by Walk the Moon.  It's such a fun song to rock out and dance to. :D  Y'all should go check it out.  

Until next time... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment