Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Understanding Girls (Part 1)

It's finally officially fall!! I know the autumn equinox happened a month ago but I don't consider it fall until the trees are orange and red and yellow and perfectly paired with sweater weather, overcast sky and still green grass.  So today is a perfect fall day. :D  Happy Ali!

So my last post was for the girls.  Today's post is for the guys...mwahaha. >:D  I think the majority of my readers are girls, but for the few guys that actually read my blog...this one's for you.

So boys...hi.

I am going to tell you a little bit about the female brain.  You can either run away now with your fingers in your ears or you can sit down, turn off your music, and pay attention because you're always saying girls are confusing, and I am here to "un-confuse" you. :)

So I'm a girl, as you probably already knew.  That being said, I have to confess something:  girls confuse me too.

Now before you slam the laptop shut or walk off in a huff thinking I totally led you on, HOLD UP!  Just because they confuse me doesn't mean that I don't know anything about them or how to interpret them.  I have extensive experience in this field OK?

Obviously females are very complex.  There are inner workings in their brains that are subconscious and so antiquated that sometimes we even forget they exist.  So what I'm going to do (which may involve turning this into a bit of a series...don't know yet) is take certain general categories and try to explain them.  So for my purposes today we will cover these things:

  • What controls them
  • What goes on in those brains regarding you
    • Liking you and what goes through their heads when they do
    • Friendzoning you and what goes through their heads when they do
First, before I tell you what happens, let me give you a quick generalization.  As a rule, there is no set definition for how all girls will behave and think because we're all individuals.  But, some quick things before we get going on the good stuff.

Girls are primarily ruled by their hearts.  Not their heads. This means that they use emotions and feelings to make decisions, pass judgments, and all that jazz.  You guys will typically use logic and common sense.  Most girls aren't like that.  I know it's frustrating and annoying but that's just how they are.  

Now, what you came here for:  translations.  

I'm starting with relationship stuff first because that's probably where you guys struggle with girls the most.  If you are "just friends" mutually, you probably aren't trying to interpret her.  My guy friends that are just friends don't really try to understand the most inner workings of my brain.  They just accept that I work a certain way and they work around it.  

When a girl decides that she likes you, especially if you were pretty good friends first, it was probably the result of a few weeks/months of denial.  She doesn't want to ruin the friendship any more than you do.  But when she does finally admit to herself that she does in fact like you, she goes through a time period of being TOTALLY confused.  She has to reorient the relationship so that you don't find out.  Then she has to figure out if you like her.  This is what confuses her the most because girls overthink everything. If you make any mention of enjoying her, if you talk to her a lot, if you make an effort to see her or help her out, she's going to analyze it to death.  It's worse if her friends think that you like her because then they will help her analyze it.  If you think that doing the opposite of these things will help, you're wrong.  She'll analyze that too.  If you stop talking to her, she'll freak out that she annoys you.  If you stop wanting to hang out with her, she'll think you hate her.  I'm sorry boys, but this is what happens.  You can't do or not do anything because she's going to be picking it apart, even if your phone died or you left it at home, or even if your schedule is busy or if your mom took your car and you couldn't have met up with her even if you wanted to.  And even if you tell her exactly what's going on she's going to think you're making excuses.  It's impossible to please them and it'll drive you insane trying.  

Now what if you like her but she's friendzoned you?  I understand the friendzone, believe me.  There's nothing I hate more than liking a guy and having him say we're "just friends".  Although most of the time for me it's my own fault because it's usually a mutual friendzone and I was sort of lying about how I felt for him.  Ugh...

Anyways, guys, I know that you think this girl is AMAZING and you want her to like you back but the thing is that relationships have two results:  you get married or you break up.  And if this girl enjoys the friendship, she doesn't want to ruin it.  Personal story time.  I had a boyfriend for six months.  He was my best friend before.  Now I don't trust him, don't really want to see him, and certainly don't want him to be any part of my life--at least not like he was.  And we used to be best friends!  If this girl you like is smart, and she cares about you, she doesn't want to risk losing you.   You really should be happy about that.  She likes you enough to want to keep you close to her, even though she doesn't like you enough to date you.  And of course, I know that best friends who get into relationships often have some of the most beautiful and long-lasting relationships out there.  But if those relationships end, they're more painful than any other because not only do you lose your significant other, you lose your best friend as well.  

Another thing about friendzoning.  Sometimes girls will keep a guy in the friendzone even though she likes him a little bit, or maybe even a lot.  Why?  Well, maybe she's in denial that she likes you.  Maybe she's afraid of her own feelings.  And, like I already said, maybe she's afraid of the breakup and losing you.  Another possibility is that she friendzoned you before she started to like you and now she's too scared to let you know.  A lot of you guys wish girls would make the first move, but girls want you to make it.  

So there you go...some insights on how girls work.  I'll probably be posting more in future posts, so let me know in the comments or however you wish what you want me to "translate" for you.  :)  If you found this helpful, please share it.  Help your fellow males. ;)  I'll see y'all later.  

3 comments:

  1. About a girl's brain: correct. XD And even if we choose not to deeply ponder what it is we think about - (wherein we begin the over-analyzing process) - we *Still Think About It*. The thoughts still cross our minds, whether or not we choose to acknowledge them. It's how we're wired. There might be times when you guys think that a certain girl comes up with the craziest stuff pertaining to your individual relationship and how apparently she thinks about it, and/or or how she apparently seems to think *you* think about it (be it your friend, relative, significant other, or she whom you'd *like* to be your significant other, this includes all girls, okay?). Sometimes - whether or not we want to believe it to be true - we *do* get a stray rebel thought and stick on it like a fly to a web. We don't know or understand everything that goes on in your heads, nor do hardly any of us claim to. We're not mind-readers. But it's because we don't know some stuff that we - (to a certain extent) - feel insecure. How best to cure that? You might be a private person; one who doesn't share his thoughts or feelings very well at all. That's okay: people come in all types. But be it through words or through actions or through both, the best way to keep away most of those stray rebel wisps of thought that try their best to jam the wheels inside of the female brain (because let's face it; you'll never get all of them. We're only human, after all), is to come up with some indication that you are thinking about this girl, you have her best interests at heart, you haven't haven't forgotten her, and that you can and will screw RL (Real Life) to make her happy. And remember: this applies to *all* girls. All of them; each and every one, including your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome. :) And I LOVE THE NEW LOOK! We have to get together and you're going to teach me how to do that haha that is so cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'I'm a girl, as you probably already knew. That being said, I have to confess something: girls confuse me too.' Lol yep. So true!

    ReplyDelete