Friday, October 17, 2014

Understanding Girls (Part 2)

For those of you who read and appreciated my last post on understanding the female brain, I have a surprise for you:  THERE'S MORE!!

Here are today's topics:

  • Girls and their Friends
I'm only doing one because this covers a broad range of things you must understand about girls and how they relate with their friends.  For girls, there are a few types of friends:

  • Best Friends/Siblings
  • Girl Friends
  • Guy Friends
  • Acquaintances
  • Everyone Else
The thing that confuses you poor males is probably the overlap of points 1 and 2.  Don't worry...it sometimes confuses us too.  

A best friend is someone we tell everything to.  Someone who knows us inside and out, cares genuinely (or so we think) about us, and is there no matter what.  There are a lot of rules and things for being "best friends" and the title is often given to more than one girl/guy.  There is the sibling subcategory, where only our best of the best friends go.  Take me for example...I have several best friends.  
  1. R.P.
  2. E.B.
  3. R.L.
  4. N.L.
  5. T.R.
  6. A.B.
But only the first four of them have achieved sibling status, be it "bro" or "sis".  Once you get to a girl's sibling status...there's really no getting out.  There are exceptions, granted, but it's often harder to escape "brozone" than "friendzone".  

Now, the thing about guy friends that is different than girl friends is that guy friends get either one side of a girl or the other.  They either get the chill, laid back, ponytail girl or they get the spruced up, made-up, girly girl.  (Hint, guys, if she's always looking good around  you and the guys, she probably likes or is at least attracted to one of you.)  If she's with her female friends out in public, you can bet she's gonna be putting on the pizzazz.  Girls are always subconsciously competing with each other to be the prettiest, the smartest, the funniest, whatever.  They want to stand out from their friends in a positive way.  In fact, if you see her out in public at all, she's probably going to look really good.  Every girl is insecure about her looks somehow, especially in high school.  That's why you guys are so fantastic.  Even if she's not dating you or romantically interested in you (and vice versa), it's a real confidence booster if you tell her she looks nice today.  My "bro" Nat does that to me.  He has an amazing girlfriend and he's crazy about her, but he's still told me I'm pretty, or that I looked nice.  And it's not weird!  Try it!  You'll make her day.  

Girlfriends are an integral part of any female's life.  They're the center of our world.  We love them, we hate them, but ultimately we need them.  Girls talk about everything.  And by everything I do mean literally everything that could possibly be talked about that has any relation to said girls' lives.  So this includes but is not limited to, hair, makeup, nailpolish, boys, drama, fashion, homework, sports, music, social media, hobbies, relationship status, insecure moments, heartbreak, gossip, and the list goes on and on.  There are some things that guys will never understand on the level that girls do, so we need each other for support.  

OK, now acquaintances are people (guys and girls) that this girl doesn't know that well, but still maintains minimal contact with.  She doesn't necessarily count them as a friend, but she still knows them and has some level of relationship with them, even though she may not know or necessarily like them very well.

Do I really need to explain "Everyone Else"? ;)

So there you go.  I hope that helps you understand how girls typically relate to other people in her world.  I'm thinking about a Part 3 if I come up with anything more for you all.  :P  I'll see ya later, alligators! Fall break is calling to me............*runs after it and trips over the ground* um...I'm just...gonna walk...you saw nothing....bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment