Friday, April 25, 2014

High School Memories

I'm one of those people who will do anything for an A.  However, I didn't realize the extent of my desperation for good grades until yesterday. 

I have a good friend (check out his blog here:  www.dianoeticndigressive.blogspot.com) and he and I both had a lot of big homework assignments to do.  So he got this brilliant idea that we should pull an all-nighter to get it all done.  I agreed, but only if he would text me and make sure I kept at it. 

The hours went by pretty fast, but by the time it hit 4:30am, I had finished everything, and wanted to go to bed.  So did he.  But we only had an hour and a half left until it was my usual time to get up, so we decided that we were going to finish strong.  At 5am, we each logged off the computer with a promise not to fall asleep. 

I lay on my bed with music blasting in my headphones and some newsfeeds to browse until 5:45, when I shut off my music.  The hours had never felt so long. 

We made it all night, but when I climbed off my bed this morning, I was not OK.  I was all weak and I was shaking so badly I could barely stand.  I knelt on the floor in the middle of my room, too wobbly even to stand up.  I was starting to wonder if I'd even be able to get up, let alone make it to school today.  Thankfully I was able to get up and make some coffee, and the motion helped warm me up.  I threw on some clothes I had laying out, not really caring what I looked like.  I was too tired to care. 

Anyone who knows anything about me knows that me+caffeine is often quite the combination.  Well imagine this:  I had one cappuccino, and I was laughing for five minutes about the silliest things.  It was like I had downed a case of Monster.  The smallest thing set me to laughing. 

Both me and my friend were complete messes.  We were nothing but silly for most of the day.  We were ridiculous.  Of course it didn't help that I had another cup of coffee at school and a Monster at lunch.  ;P I honestly felt bad for my tutor, because me and my friend are usually the two that cause trouble anyways, but today we were so tired that it was worse than usual. 

I'm getting the crash from the Monster right now, but I have to say that last night/this morning was a night I will always remember.  I will treasure the conversations that happened at 4am, in all of their ridiculous glory, forever.  I think I'm also the first one of all my friends (Except Isaac of course) to actually pull an all-nighter before a school day for the purpose of studying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment