Hello everybody! :) Guess who practiced 9.2 hours last week! ME! :D Needless to say I am very pleased with myself and my progress. But that is NOT what I want to write about today. Today I'm writing specifically for the girls, but guys are certainly welcome to glean from it what they can. So girls, grab the popcorn and nestle in because this one is for you. :)
I want to talk about future stuff.
If you're a teenager like me, chances are you have a boyfriend. If you don't, you probably want one. In truth, everyone wants to be loved by someone else. It's a part of our nature. It's who we are. But girls, we perhaps feel this more acutely than those men we so desperately need. OK, maybe not desperately, but we still need them, the infuriating creatures. ;)
So what do you do? If you have a boyfriend you're probably daydreaming about your future with him, trying to imagine a proposal, your wedding, spending the rest of your life with him, raising a family, etc. (Yes, boys, we do this. It's normal.)
If you don't have a boyfriend, you're probably crushing on someone. You might be laughing about being forever alone while in your room at night you're praying to God that "he" notices you. And you're doing the same thing the "taken" girls do...daydreaming.
I've been in both camps, so I know what I'm talking about when I say this: SLOW DOWN!
There is NO rush in any relationship right now. I am guilty of the daydreaming and the hoping and the planning and the praying, but seriously girls, slow down. If you're taken, you might scare your man off with all your big plans. If you're not...then seriously girl...you gotta get the man first.
What I mean is this: if you and this guy--whether you're dating him now or not--are meant to be, then it's going to happen just as it should and you don't have to rush things. Don't place unrealistic expectations on guys. I mean let's face it...daydream guys aren't usually the same as their real-life counterparts. I've made the decision not to daydream about the guy I like AT ALL. No exceptions. Because then when/if he doesn't match up to the daydreams and wishes, I'm not frustrated or hurt.
Do you see my point? I know you can't stop thinking about this guy because he's cute and amazing, funny and freaking perfect, but don't take it too far. I'm convinced that half the frustrations we put ourselves through concerning guys is all in our heads. Take things slow. Don't place unrealistic expectations on him. He's only human after all. :)
So there you are girls. If you're a guy who made it all the way through that and are now appalled at what might be going through your girlfriend's mind...please don't freak out. Like I said, it's normal. And just be you OK, because she likes you for you already. :)
Talk to you all later. I have a good idea for my next post. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment