Friday, January 1, 2016

Brain Trails: 2015

Wow.

Another year has gone by in a flash.  I was at work today thinking about the last year, and I thought I should just write down some things from the last year that were milestones and important things.  Basically just write down my brain's inventions.

On January 19th, I got my acceptance letter to MSU.  That was the most amazing day ever.  On the 26th, I spent 3 hours in urgent care after an accident with a chainsaw.  I couldn't use my right hand for a couple weeks.  I'm sure you all heard that story.  But I was thinking about it today, and I realized how fortunate I am to still have a right thumb.  I don't think about it much, but I couldn't do a whole lot without a right thumb.

In February, I finally said "yes" to the wonderful man that I'm now dating.  Girls, if a guy is that into you, and you have feelings for him, but more feelings for a guy who's not interested?  Go for the guy that's crazy about you.  It's been almost a year since I finally understood that, and I've never regretted it for a moment.

In April/May I had the amazing opportunity to be the concert mistress of my high school orchestra and the first homeschool honors orchestra (run by the Youth Arts Coalition).  I made some fantastic friends and memories there. And yeah there was the scary concerto competition too.  I also graduated (whoop whoop!!!) in May.  There's a milestone for ya.

In June I faced my biggest fear (Solo performance) and did a senior recital.  While I wouldn't do it again, I'm glad I did it then.

July 19th was by far the happiest day of the year.  The day my dad let me and Tucker become "oh-fiss-ee-al" (official)  Finally getting to call my best friend my boyfriend without hiding it or feeling like I was doing something wrong was so wonderful.  I can't wait until July 19th 2016.  And 2017.  And 2026. And so on and so forth.  I was also transferred at work, so I started loving my job again.

August was like a slap in the face from reality. College was right around the corner, my little sister turned 16 (Not so little anymore), and I was fighting down nerves about actually going to a school after being homeschooled my whole life.

The fall semester didn't kill me thank God.  Midterms were rough, but I made it.  I turned 19 in November, and so I'm enjoying my last year as a teenager before I actually have to become a fully adulting adult.  (Just kidding I don't know how to adult)  Thanksgiving was terrifying.  I went to Ohio with Tucker to his family's dinner.  Meeting strange people who might someday be your family too is kind of a scary thing.  Like, really scary.

Finals were the most difficult thing I've ever had to do.  Fear of failure, studying endlessly... ugh.  College is hard guys.  College is hard.

And by the way, Christmas isn't so bad after all.  Turns out that when someone bothered to show me that there was some love and happiness left in the world for Christmas, it totally changed my view.  I'm so glad I got to spend Christmas with him.

And now, bring on 2016.  A whole new year of challenges and accomplishments, tragedies and triumphs.  Here's to another year of being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment