As I look forward to the third year of this blog, that also means looking forward to the 19th year of my life, and into my 20th. I'll finish my freshman year of college and start my sophomore year. I don't know what kinds of obstacles are going to come my way, and to be totally honest, I'm kind of scared of them. However, I'm sure I'll have some interesting stories for you all.
All that aside, it feels good to be back on campus, writing irrelevant blog posts as I sit in the main lounge of the union. I'll admit I wasn't ready for the snow, ice, and cold wind I experienced today as I tramped from southwest campus to north campus. (Brrrr) I also decided to be more frugal in my textbook purchases. (Then got slapped with a $150 one. Ouch.) Although I did find one free on iBooks, got two more for $16 and change on Amazon, and I already owned another one from high school. So there's another $100+ saved. Whoopie! Still have to hunt down a couple more. Ugh.
So today, I learned a valuable lesson. I was walking up to the union when I heard a soft tapping sound in the tree above me. There was a little woodpecker tap-tapping away at a tree. I didn't take a picture, because I was half frozen and wanted to get warmed up, but I had a thought. How many students walked past the little fella and didn't hear him because they had their headphones in? Granted, some of them wouldn't have cared, but I kind of appreciated forgetting my earbuds at home this morning. (Among other important things. Again, ugh.)
One thing I did see today I'm going to share with you because it was so outrageously stupid that I had to stop and take a picture.
I was walking up the middle of campus by the football stadium, when I realized that there was a car parked on the sidewalk. ON THE SIDEWALK. I did a quick examination to ensure that it wasn't one of the infrastructure vehicles that are absolutely everywhere that can basically park anywhere they want. It was not. It was a regular student's vehicle. I briefly considered writing a note saying "Great parking jerk, please don't reproduce." but decided a Facebook post and a mention in my blog were the more mature route.
Here it is. And the sidewalk was plowed, salted, and clear. No way in heck it was buried in snow before s/he parked there. They were either incredibly stupid or a massive prick. Either way, I blame them for freezing my foot. (I have to glue the sole of my boot back on at the toe cause I trip on the pavement too much.) I still have a wet sock.
Another thing from today and then I'll be done with this post. My last class starts at 3pm. The professor is a little Indian man who describes himself as "old and decrepit". No joke. He said it. He began class 3 minutes early, introduced himself and his Teaching Assistant, covered his 2-page syllabus, took a couple questions, and then said, "Alright, we're done." I walked out of that classroom at 3:07. Needless to say that's my favorite class right now.
So yeah... Spring Semester day 1 is over. Just got a dinner date and an early bedtime left before my only (2:40) class tomorrow. I'm loving the way my schedule worked out. Ha! Anyways, I'll write again maybe before the end of the month. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment