Saturday, July 12, 2014

Things Guys do that Girls Hate

Hello everybody that's been waiting so patiently for this post to come out. :)  I find it amusing that I put out a little teaser post for this article and my views went from 3 to 31.  Haha.  I guess y'all were excited.  That makes me happy.

I believe this post was one of the requests I received after publishing Things Girls do that Guys Hate.  So, having lacked inspiration for anything I could do without conducting interviews, I decided to give this one a shot.  (Shoutout to my Mom for her encouragement)  I did minimal research this time, but received much better results.  I guess the girls were more eager to have their voices heard...but who am I to judge.  

So I got 7 of my friends to give me at least one thing guys did that they HATED.  Shoutout to them: Katie, Rebecca, Lauren, Rachel, Kat, Betsy, and Mady.  Anyways, I attempted to categorize all their responses just like I did with the boys.  It was a little diffucult, but I got them into two groups.  (Who said girls were complicated?)

OK, serious now.  My categories are these:  1) Hygiene/Appearance, and 2) Behavior/Relational.

Alright, here we go.  Hygiene and Appearance:
The guys told me that they didn't like it when girls wore too much makeup or they didn't take care of themselves.  Well guess what guys!  We want you to take care of yourselves too!  Rachel and Katie both told me they hated it when guys didn't keep themselves clean and neat.  Now of course we understand that there will be times when you're all gross from playing football or whatever.  We like to get rough too, but please take a shower?  Now, another thing, don't drown yourself in cologne to hide an B.O., okay?  This actually goes for guys and girls, but I'm picking on you guys with this because it was mentioned to me.  While we're on the topic of keeping stuff clean, Kat told me she hated it when guys didn't clean up after themselves, as in please wash out the sink when you're done shaving or whatever.

Now I'm going to talk briefly about appearance.  Rachel told me she hates it when guys wear saggy pants, and I have to say I agree.  You know why underwear is called underwear?  'Cause it goes under what you wear.  So we don't want to see your underwear OK?  Pull your pants up and tighten your belt.  Please.  Thank you.

OK, category 2:  Behavior and Relational.
This is a huge category, to be honest.  Girls are very relationally minded, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Here we go.  

OK guys.  We all know that hormones are raging now that we're all teenagers (and older) so all of a sudden cooties go away, and guys and girls are getting together.  These are just basic things that really everyone should understand.

Rebecca told me she hates it when guys are overprotective.  Guys, we love it that you're protective of us.  We really do.  But we were alive, and living our lives before you came along.  We don't need you to smother us with overprotectiveness.  Capiche?  Another thing along the lines of smothering.  Keep your hands to yourself.  Katie said she hated it when guys couldn't exercise self-control over their physical desires.  Some touching is OK.  I'm not gonna lie, I love a good hug from my guy friends.  We love it when our boyfriends hold hands or cuddle, or they put their arm around us.  It's like they're saying "she's mine" without saying it.  But as with all good things, too much turns it into a bad thing.

OK, staying on the topic of relational things.  I don't care if you're with your girlfriend or your just a really good female friend, do not ignore us or be a jerk to us in front of your friends!  Lauren, Kat, and Mady all said something along those lines.  Also, a few girls said that they hate it when guys try to show off.  If we like you, we're going to like you.  You don't have to try and get our attention if you already have it OK?  So quit acting all tough and showing off.  It's a turn-off.

Now some relationship etiquette that you really should know.  Kat said she hates it when guys ignore us instead of just breaking up.  Mady said she hates it when a guy says another girl is pretty...in front of his girlfriend.  On a similar note, y'all should know that cheating?  ALL GIRLS HATE CHEATERS!

I'm gonna change the subject for all you guys who are single.  Want a relationship?  Here's how not to get one:

  • Become a creepy stalker (Mady)
  • Try to pick girls up with stupid pickup lines (Mady)
  • Have a reputation of a player (Lauren)
  • Act different around girls than you really are.  (Lauren)
  • "Assess" a woman like a piece of meat.  We know when you are. (Mady)
  • Hit on a girl way out of your age range (Mady)
  • Disrespect her family or yours (Mady)
So there's just a little list.  Another thing that a few of the girls said was that they hate it when you say you're going to do something and then you don't.  If you're going to make a promise, please keep it.  And if you can't, you'd better have a darn good reason, and you'd better have tried everything possible to keep that promise.  

OK.  I'm going to stop now, as this is getting rather long.  I hope this gives you guys some ideas as to how to make a good impression on girls.  In summary, I guess just be a gentleman.  Treat a girl like a lady, even if she doesn't act like one.  

As always, if you guys have a request, I'm open to suggestions.  :) It's not hard to find me.  I get an email whenever someone comments on my posts, so leave a comment, or contact me however you wish.  :) I hope you enjoyed this post, and I'll "see" y'all later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment