Saturday, May 24, 2014

What girls do that guys hate

OK, so the inspiration for this post came first from my friend Emma, who asked me to do another post on guys.  I have to admit I was stumped for a while, but then my sister Lauren gave me the brilliant idea to ask all the guys I know what girls do that they hate.  So I got busy and texted almost every guy in my contacts, and I even sent out a couple emails.  I would like to say that they all replied, buuuuuuuut...some of them...OK most of them...were mean and didn't say anything.

So here's what I can conclude from the eight wonderful guys who answered my texts:  Girls, we've got everything all wrong!!!

I basically categorized what these guys said into four groups.  1) Clothing/Appearance 2) Behavior 3) Relationships, and 4) Lifestyle.  I'm going to talk about them in numerical order.


1) Clothing/Appearance.  This kind of goes along with my makeup post, so go read that here:  http://mutteringsanmusings.blogspot.com/2014/05/girl-problems-and-guys.html.  So only four of the eight wonderful guys who responded to me said anything about girls and how they look.  (Does that tell you how much they don't care?)  My friend Alex said he didn't like it when girls dressed in a seductive/trampy way.  Shawn said he didn't like girls that wore too much makeup.  (See girls, I wasn't making this up!)  My buddy Jed told me he doesn't like it when girls wear clothes that are skin tight or really ripped up.  He also said that heavy makeup was something he hated.  Matt said he hated it when girls showed off their bodies in "sexy" ways.

2) Behavior.  Seven of my eight guys talked about something relating to behavior.  Alex said he didn't like girls that were really flirty.  One of my sister's friends, BJ, said he hated it when girls, "jump to conclusions, try to be mysterious, and lack confidence".  Wow girls...I guess they hate that stuff too!  Wouldn't the world be a better place if we were all honest with each other?  Shawn said he hated girls that were fake.  My partner-in-crime Max said he didn't like it when girls were stuck up, or acted older than they were.  My cousin Trevor said it drove him nuts when girls constantly talked about how perfect they are, when they are obsessed with shopping, and when they acted all ditzy and diva-ish.  Jed told me that when girls gossip about who likes who that it's a huge turn-off.  Guys don't care about the latest couples, OK?  That's a girl thing.  Also, Jed told me that the random screaming, like when the lights go off?  Bad.  Matt told me that he didn't like it when girls were immature; acting wild and crazy out in public like they would if they were home.  He also said he didn't like it when girls badmouthed other people.  Drawing from a previous conversation with my adopted big bro, Nat, I can also say that guys don't like a girl to be wild and obnoxious.  They like to see her be serious and down-to-earth as well as being able to have fun.

3) Relationships.  Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuuun!  These were all pretty good I have to say.  Max told me he doesn't like it when a girl keeps hanging around after they broke up.  (I would expect that bars relationships that returned to friendships)  My good friend Andrew was full of relationship advice.  He said he hates it when girls dump all their problems on him, when they're clingy, and when they don't tell him when something's wrong, even if there clearly is.  (So girls...the whole mysterious thing...guys hate it.  Don't do it.)

4) Lifestyle.  Alex told me he didn't like it when girls were obsessed with things.  It's okay to like 1D or JB or whatever, but your guy doesn't want to hear about it, OK?  Trevor said he finds it really unattractive when girls smoke.  (So yeah...I guess it doesn't look cool.)  Jed also said that he doesn't like it when girls pretend to be something they're not. Matt talked about Facebook as well.  He said he hated it when girls posted stupid FB statuses (i.e. food or selfies with pointless captions) or when they posted about everything...girls...guys don't want to know everything that happens every second of the day.

The guys have spoken.  And y'all can thank Emma and Lauren for this post, because this is not what I had in mind.  xD  Now that I've posted, do any guys want to come out of the woodwork and tell us girls what we need to stop doing?  In what other ways do we annoy you?

Do you guys want me to do a post on what guys do that girls hate?  Any other ideas, leave a comment! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yesss do what girls hate that guys do!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Alisonnn <3 This helped me a lot ;) And I agree with Lauren, now do one for boys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next blog post will be a mashup of things girls do that guys like and vice versa as suggested by my good friend, Peter the Leek. :P I'm making a list of requests, though, so stay tuned! :D

    ReplyDelete