Hello everybody! This has been a long time coming, but here I am with another relationship advice post...mixed with some grumblings of my own.
I'm writing this post so that anyone out there who needs to know some basic rules for being in a relationship can find them and read them. So there should be no excuses for people...
First, some basic rules that everyone should follow:
1. No cheating. If you even feel like you want to cheat, you shouldn't be in a relationship. Period.
2. Communicate. If you have an issue, talk about it. If you don't, fine, but please remind your partner what they mean to you. Make time to talk to them.
Now, because I'm a girl, I'm going to talk to the girls first. Guys, skip down to the next section...I'll talk to you later.
Girls, there are a lot of things we do that guys hate. (Read about them here) But here are some things you can do that are good. (I've been considering doing an entire post on this...let me know if you want one.)
1. Let him have his space. I know from experience that when you like a guy, and he likes you, it's easy to want to always be talking to him, and if he's not texting you, you feel like your life is meaningless. But lay off the poor guy! If he's chilling with his bros, leave the man alone! Let him have guy time without having to reply to your texts.
2. Remind him that you love him, but not constantly. Guys have feelings too, ya know. If you like him to tell you that you're his everything, chances are he'd like to hear it too. But don't do it all the time, because then it's not as special.
3. Don't be derogatory toward yourself. Girls, if a guy likes you enough to be in a relationship with you, he likes you enough to overlook your flaws. He doesn't think you're fat or ugly or whatever. He likes you the way you are.
OK GUYSSSSS!!! Your turn!
Guys, we love you, OK? You're cute, you make us feel cute, and the whole sha-bang is just wonderful. Here's some things you can do that will make us stick around.
1. Be there. You don't have to have a solution for your girl's problems. Just listen to her, then hug her and say, "I'm sorry babe. It's gonna be alright. I'm here for you." Girls love it. Just sayin'. Even the whole protective thing...it may seem weird to you, but knowing that a guy is there to protect us makes us feel a lot more...um...safe?
2. Tell her how you feel. It always made my day when the guy I was with told me how he felt about me. I didn't care how cheesy it was, or how many times I'd heard it before. The more I blushed, the more I loved him back.
3. Let her have girl time. She likes to be with her friends and go shopping and do girl stuff. Let her go and not have to text you. Don't worry...I told the girls to do the same thing for you. But seriously. Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you're glued at the hip. Live your life and let her live hers.
Alright everybody, one final tip for everyone: stay true to yourselves. Don't change for someone you like. If they really like you, they won't ask you to change anyways. If they do, break up with them. You don't need that.
Any comments, questions, etc, leave a comment or whatever. I'll hopefully be back next week, and if you want to hear about my adventures at SSI or BLFAC, let me know. I may post about Blue Lake and SSI anyways, but as a bonus thing...
I love thisss <3 Thanks, Alison :) I needed to hear that. :) I am pretty sure some of my friends *cough cough both genders* need to hear this
ReplyDelete