Thursday, March 12, 2015

Featured Article: What makes a Man

So my friend Tucker wrote something that I really appreciate. I attempted to write a post on being a gentleman earlier this week, and because I'm a female it probably was partially incorrect so! I, with his permission of course, "borrowed" his post and I am relaying it to my readers as a special feature. Never fear, you'll get more of my original ramblings soon enough, but here's this for your reading pleasure: 

So, a major thing in life for males is the idea of being a real man. To be honest, the events that have taken place lately in my family have driven me to write this post. I am in the midst of making a change in my life, at least I hope to. The definition of a man is something that has always been blurred in my eyes. Most kids look to their fathers as the definition of a man, however I haven't had that luxury. My father certainly has many "manly" qualities, such as his toughness, and capabilities with his hands. However, the true test of a man is with his actions and his words. I will attempt to describe the man that I want to be in this post... Well, here it goes...
 
I think I am going to set this up as almost bullet points with an explanation... Seems like a fairly simple way to do it so here it goes.

The man I wish to be will be...

·         KIND: He will always be kind, "be kind to all, everyone is fighting some type of battle" is a line ever man should hold in his heart. His goal is to make those around him feel welcome and they should never shed a tear because of him.

·         LOVING: This is something that is difficult, because it is more than being kind to people, being loving makes everyone around you truly feel welcome. A man who is loving will cherish and hold the relationships he makes until his last breath. A man should be loving to his family, and his love if they aren’t married yet. As well, he should show a loving spirit to all he meets.

·         STRONG: Physical strength isn’t the thing, mental, and spiritual strength are the keys to being a man. It doesn’t matter if you bench press 200lbs, if you can’t support your loved one in their time of need you have failed to be a man. Sure being physically strong is great, but when trials and tribulations come your way, a true man will be able to handle the storm.

·         WISE: A man should understand how the mind works. Book smarts are not as important as being street smart and being able to handle yourself in difficult situations. The power of the mind is great, and a man can help others when they need it by helping them harness the power of their mind and helping them to power through any issues.

·         CLASS: A man will hold himself to the ideals of a higher class. He will do what needs to be done, and he won’t take pride in his accomplishments. He won’t allow himself to be caught up in the things that children do, immaturity can destroy a man’s reputation.

·         HUMBLE: As with class, he will not take pride in his accomplishments. He will not boast about himself. If others boast about the things he’s done then so be it, but a man doesn’t honk his own horn.

·         HONORABLE: A man’s actions will make him honorable among his friends and family. Though he won’t talk highly of himself, his actions will allow others to.

·         DEFENSIVE: A man will be able to defend himself and his family. Whether this means mentally/verbally defend or physically defend, he should have some capabilities to protect what is important to him.

·         ORDER: He keeps his life organized, and keeps his house in order. Having a cluttered life creates a cluttered mind which makes it extremely difficult for a man to show his true abilities.

·         DOESN’T SETTLE: He doesn’t sit and accept handouts or anything like that, he puts in the effort to make something of himself. Making something of himself is a quality that is not only good to have but also can be very attractive to women. A man will not quit until what he set out to do is done.

·         TRUSTWORTHY: His word is his bond. A promise is a promise, and if broken a man’s word is void. No one want’s to be with a liar and being a liar is an extremely unattractive thing to be. A man will hold himself to what he says, and he won’t falter.

·         FOCUSED: A man is focused on what he wishes to accomplish. His goals, his aspirations are what he works towards non-stop. He doesn’t quit, and he doesn’t falter when things get hard. He completes what he sets out to do.

·         FASIONABLE: I think this characteristic is often times overlooked. Many boys today dress in such a poor way, sagging pants, showing off their underwear, wear muscle shirts. It is fine to dress comfortably in your home, but going out in public in such a manner makes it difficult to make a good first impression. People do judge others on the way they dress. You don’t have to wear a suit, but do dress responsibly and fashionably. My choice is a suit or sport coat, but jeans and a nice t-shirt works just as well if done fashionably. You only get one chance to make a first impression, make it a good one.

·         RESPECTFUL: Possibly the most important aspect of a man. If you want the respect of others, you must respect them first. Respect is earned, never given. A man will respect all women, THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS! And a man will confront another male in a respectful way if he sees any guy mistreating a women.

This is a basic outline of the man I want to be. It isn’t easy, but if it weren’t easy it wouldn’t be worth it. Again, this is what I believe a man should be, you’re welcome to disagree, and if there are other qualities feel free to comment.

AHEM yes hi. Me again. Why is my font different? I don't know. ANYWAYS! If you liked that lemme know cause maybe I could persuade him to write something for y'all sometime again. If I ask nicely......:P so yeah. Hope you enjoyed that. 

1 comment: