Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Brain Trails: More than just a Woman

It was suggested to me that I should do a post for the girls along the same lines as my last post for guys. (Which was supplemented nicely by an article by my wonderful friend Tucker)  and so...per request of my lovely friend Monica...

More than just a Woman 

When you turn 18 in the United States you're considered a legal adult. So most girls would consider themselves a woman. For some girls it's when they start...ahem...you know. ;) for others it's other things. 

I talked about how it was important for guys to act like a gentleman. Today I want to talk about what being a lady looks like. 

What probably comes to mind is a Victorian era madam sitting primly at a little table sipping tea with pinky extended. That image comes to my mind too, but what I propose is an image of a woman who is strong, capable, and respectable. Yeah girls, guys need to respect you, but you better give him something to respect. 

A lady takes care of herself. That means good hygiene, cleanliness, and grooming. That means you must brush your teeth. You must take a shower, and you must brush your hair. Savvy? 

A lady knows when to let a man lead. Yes we know you can open the door. Let the man be a gentleman and open the door anyways. Yes we know you can carry those grocery bags alone. Let your man be a gentleman and help you. 

A lady knows when to confront and when to let things go. She keeps a lid on her temper. She is diplomatic and pleasant with people around her. 

I think another part of being a lady is that you know how to dress well. You don't dress like a slob, but in a feminine way that doesn't necessarily have to be girly. You exude elegance and grace even in shorts and a tshirt. You have a femininity about you that never goes away. It doesn't matter if you're in a dress or ripped jeans and a tshirt. 

So girls, put away the Victorian madam. That was so 110 years ago. A modern lady knows how to blend with the culture and yet still hold herself above it. Give your man something he's afraid to let another man have ;) 

Ahem, if you want more of that I'm sure I could get Tucker to write something for you. Who wouldn't like to hear a guy's opinion on what makes a lady? If at least one or two people want me to get Tucker to write something I'll ask. 

So yeah. See y'all later, and happy international Spartan day. ;) Go MSU! 
Kidding!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment