My most sincere apologies for taking another long respite from posting on this blog. I know you all are so disappointed that you didn't have your weekly dose of "M+M" ;)
I'm just gonna jump right in here. Over the last couple of days a new internet fad went viral. (No thank you very much tumblr.) You've probably seen it. Some genius idiot changed their phone settings so this horribly hideous dress appears white and gold when the actual dress is blue and black. This frustrates innocent internet scrollers (like yours truly), when every other post is "I'M SO CONFUSED WHAT COLOR IS THIS DRESS!?" In all honesty this is what I want to say: "Who gives a crap and a half what color the dress is? We all know how to change the color just by messing with the contrast in the picture and the brightness on our phones. I could go make it white and gold right now so get off the internet."
OK now before "dress fanatics" come after me with internet armies of rabid pandas, let me just say that I did marvel at it, as I've seen "the dress" as both white and gold and blue and black. It was the same picture on the same post. It just magically changed colors. I have no explanation, and although the curious part of my brain is dying to know what happened, the "I don't give a crap" side is saying "Shut up and apply your curiosity to useful things."
The "I don't give a crap" side wins.
This dress isn't that big a deal. I mean look at #AlexfromTarget. He had his moment of fame and now it's basically over. Silly Bandz ended. This #thedress will end as well. And thank God.
I just think it's stupid to make such a big deal about random crap. I mean stuff that has a large fanbase over a long period of time is different. (Fandoms, for instance) But I seriously doubt this dress is going to have a fandom. If it does I will lose all faith in humanity, run away to the mountains and live as a hermit for the rest of my life.
So, to all the rebloggers with the #thedress in addition to some obsessive nonsense about how it's so weird and freaky and bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh......
#idontcare #getalife #itllbeoverin6weeks #getofftheinternet #goplayoutside
No comments:
Post a Comment