Hey everyone! I know I promised a blog post on what girls do that guys like and vice versa, but I don't want to keep grilling my poor sources. ;) So for your reading pleasure, I decided to talk about a hashtag I've seen and used many times. #foreveralone. So I'm going to talk about how to handle situations like this.
So first, you have to examine the friends. Is your friend just someone you keep around for company? If yes, then I'd suggest not keeping them around until the relationship ends, then be there for them when it does. They're going to need a forever alone buddy. If the friend is someone you love and cherish as a good friend, then the situation gets a little stickier. Of course you want to be there for them throughout the entire relationship, but how do you do that without going insane because you're lonely? One option is to find a boyfriend/girlfriend for yourself, but what if that's not an option? Well, as far as I can tell, there is no other alternative except for finding a forever alone buddy, have a sleepover, and eat chocolate because there is nothing else to do.
If you decided that the friendship is not worth keeping, then stop reading. You're done. Your problems are solved. But if the friendship is worth keeping, then keep reading.
You want to be there for your friend as they travel through the ups and downs of their new relationship. If they have a romantic evening they absolutely must tell you about, then you have to listen, smile, and act like it doesn't hurt you at all, while on the inside, you're dying to find a corner and cry. They don't know that you feel like no one's ever gonna come for you, and you aren't gonna tell them. What do you do? Again, find a forever alone buddy, have a sleepover, and eat chocolate, because you're going to be miserable.
But guess what! That relationship may not last, and when they become forever alone as well, things will be alright! :D
OK, that was very sadistic and sarcastic, so here's what I really think: turn to Jesus. In Deuteronomy 31, God told Moses that he was appointing Joshua to lead Israel against the nations across the Jordan. God told Joshua to "be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6) I think this can apply to our lives as well. We may not be going to fight nations 10 times our size, but we fight our own battles every day, and feeling forever alone is one of them. It's not a small battle either. But God is always with us, like he was with Joshua. He will never leave or forsake us either. God has perfect plans for our lives, and if we must walk through a time of being "forever alone", then so be it. I would rather walk alone with God than force my way into a relationship that would only ruin my life and hurt me even more.
What do you guys think? Which method of battling "forever alone syndrome" do you like better? Why? And let me now if you have any special requests for upcoming posts. :)
Lol at first you had me going and I was all, "Mmm girl!? Why you ackin so cray cray?" XD
ReplyDeleteI can hear exactly how you said that, Peter. xD
Delete