Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The End of the Road

Ah, spring.  For me at this point, it's a new beginning...freedom.  I finished most of my course work for my Junior year yesterday.  Now to finish everything I didn't get done during the year.  But I am taking a couple days of well-deserved rest from school. 

If you look at things from a technical perspective, I'm a senior now.  Only one more year and I can kiss high school goodbye and move into the adult world.  It's exciting and terrifying at the same time.  Exciting because I'm growing up.  I'll be 18 this fall...an adult.  Legally, I can do pretty much what I want.  But at the same time, there's a lot of things that I'll have to do that are almost foreign to me...get a job, start college, start paying for a lot of things for myself, take responsibility for my actions...

The excitement of preparing for graduation knows no limits.  Senior pictures, getting ready for the ceremony, planning an open house, going through a million pictures of my entire life, picking a college, etc.  I can hardly wait for that part of it. 

It's what's after graduation that scares me.  I don't want to worry about money and all the other things that adults have to deal with.  This world is so complex, and I'm so afraid I won't be able to handle it.  I'm sure every Junior/Senior feels this way to some extent, and they all make it...well...some of them do...but I think that I'll be OK.  I have a loving family, friends who have my back, and a God who has a wonderful plan for my life. 

So for now, I'm going to focus on making my Senior year the best it can be.  Good grades precede a good school.  And it's good to keep up good habits.  Oh, and maybe I should decide on a four-year major...gotta do that before I go to law school.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment