Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Brain Trails: Those Three Words

I've had a question tugging at my mind the last few days and I believe it is formulated enough to pose to all of you in the form of a brain trail. Please forgive me for my ramblings on. 

Before I dive in, I'd like to say one thing: I'm writing about love so much because it's an integral part of our society, and especially in the world of young adults--which is what this blog is aimed at. I'll be thinking about something light-hearted to post soon. :)

Anyways...the three little words..."I love you"...those three words make up one of the most misunderstood and misused sentences in the history of the world. Often times people will tell friends and family they love them, but that's not the usage I had in mind. I'm talking about romantic love...(again) 

If you're in a committed relationship you probably tell your significant other that you love them. How often do you do it?  Every day? Once a week? Special occasions? How often do you think you should say it? 

Now before you answer that, let me present the argument that "I love you" is one of the most overused phrases ever. Do you refrain from saying it to keep it special?  

The flip side to that is reminding your significant other that you love them often. I see the value in this because really you never know when/if they could be taken from you. So you tell them you love them so that they never have a doubt in their mind that you do. 

So there's two sides of the coin. I'm curious as to your thoughts and if you have any other insights to offer to help  answer this question:  How much should you tell your significant other that you love them.  Assuming of course that you really do love them and it's not just cheap, shallow love. 

Speak, oh readers of the great M&M! 

No comments:

Post a Comment