For those of you who know me, you will laugh at what I'm going to say. I hate Justin Bieber. I'm not one of those haters that goes around slamming him and posting nasty things about him on his twitter feed, but I hate his music, I hate his morals, and yeah...I don't like him.
You can ask just about any of my friends what happens when a JB song comes on. I cover my ears and run away, or I attack the device that is playing it and change the song faster than greased lightning. The threat of JB is a surefire way to bribe me into leaving you alone.
So knowing this, imagine the smug grin and the evil snickering that I displayed when I heard he was arrested. Of course, since I had to know all the details surrounding the arrest of this big star, I instantly turned to Google and found several news articles. Although I'm sure you all did the same thing, here's what happened, in a nut shell: He was drunk, he and his buddy rented a couple cars and went drag racing. They got caught, and Justin resisted the officer, shouting expletives. He was put in solitary confinement, and I believe someone bailed him out.
Hence the title.
We all know that if we throw something into the air, it's going to come back down and hit us in the head. Justin Bieber rose to fame relatively quickly. He went from an obscure YouTuber to teen heartthrob pop star faster than the average American finds a decent job. Real down on his luck, eh?
The problem with overnight fame is that it goes to your head. A lot of stars change, and even the best sometimes fall off the wagon. Whitney Houston was on drugs, Miley Cyrus was on drugs, Taylor Swift has gone through more boyfriends than a high school cheerleader, and now JB is...well...he's on his way down now too.
Perhaps it's my bias against JB that's made me so cynical of him. But can you see my point? Justin is getting in trouble everywhere. Graffiti, DUI, etc. (May I also add that even if he hadn't been driving under the influence, it would still have been illegal, as his license was suspended for six months that hadn't expired yet.) The thing is that stars seem to think that just because they're famous and the public loves them, they are above the law. They can do whatever they want and they won't have to pay the consequences. (OK, teenagers do that too.)
I know, I know, "Rules are made to be broken", but why? Why do they have to be broken? Why can't we just stay under the laws? How hard is it to drive sober? Obey speed laws? Submit when you get pulled over? Come to a full stop at a stop sign? Why is it so difficult? I think a lot of traffic laws get broken because people want to get to where they're going and they don't necessarily care if they go 5 or 10 over the speed limit. They don't care if they stop all the way at that inconvenient red octagon. As long as no one catches them, they're good.
I hope Justin learned his lesson. I hope he had some time to think about what he did while he was in prison. I almost wish they would've kept him in. Maybe he'd learn what it means to be a man.
No, I'm not hating. I seriously think he doesn't know.
Agree!
ReplyDelete