Today's segment will be covering my trip there so I'll start with the beginning:
Airport 1: Capitol Region International Airport. Located in Lansing, MI. Yay.
I chose this airport because it's close to home and it's very small. Like so small I don't know why it's an international airport. All I had to do was tell people that I had never flown before and they were super nice and helpful. My catchphrase "Smile, it makes life better." is definitely going to get me places on this trip. I went through security in literally 5 minutes and smiled and was cordial with all the TSA agents and they were super nice in return.
The facilities as far as I've seen are quite nice. Squishy chairs for my 2 hour wait, and there's a very clear display for my flight information. I can't wait until my plane gets here!
I just hope my "personal item" is small enough to fit under my seat. Haha. But that's literally the only thing I'm worried about at this point.
The following is from my time log on my trip out.
8:26PM EST
I was scheduled to leave Lansing at 5:30pm, heading to Minneapolis. Everything went smoothly until we were headed to the runway. Minneapolis put a ground-stop on all flights coming into and going out of Minneapolis due to thunderstorms. We were delayed for 2 hours… basically the extent of my layover. I’m hoping we make it in time for me to catch my connection. I’m still not sure if I will. Praying for a tail wind and a pilot with a lead foot. Ha…
It’s hard to believe I’m actually on a plane alone heading across the country. I won’t lie, I was really frustrated at first but I think I’ll be able to calm down and enjoy the flight to MSP. It’s supposed to be an hour and 15 minutes. It’s been maybe 15-20 minutes and we’ve already hit the coast of Lake Michigan. So all that’s left to do is cross the lake and the entire state of Wisconsin. Whoopee.
8:41PM EST
We have crossed Lake Michigan. Now we traverse the state of Wisconsin. Still praying we’ve got a good strong tail wind. Also still praying my connecting flight was also delayed these 2 hours so I can still make it to CA tonight. If not there’s a 5:15am flight with 1 stop that’ll get me there around 12pm Pacific time. So we’ll see.
It’s a struggle to be patient. Especially when I’ve been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks ever since this flight was delayed initially. There’s got to be a lesson in this somewhere. Patience? Grace under pressure? Who knows. I think documenting my trip in this “log-style” fashion will be beneficial to me. Besides it’ll make for a good blog post when I finally get some Wi-Fi. That’s a struggle. No internet. There’s a lesson in and of itself. At least I’ve gotten some good pictures out the window. My Instagram feed will thank me later.
I suppose I could write about my seat partner. She’s pretty awesome! Seasoned flyer which is good for an amateur like me. She’s super chill about the delay and stuff so that’s nice. Talking to Auntie Lee has been helpful as well. Funny how people who know what they’re doing don’t get stressed. Well… except me. I get stressed about CATA and I’ve been doing that for a year now. Maybe I’m just wired to stress about stupid crap I can’t control. I should really work on that.
9:13PM EST
We should be landing in Minneapolis but it appears the wind and rain have other plans for us… again. I’m really getting fed up with mother nature. Like if it never rains the whole time I’m gone I will literally be happy. In fact, if it could just not rain until next Thursday that’d be amazing. Ugh! I don’t understand why it has to be so freaking difficult to just get to the state of California. I should’ve flown out of Detroit. And not gone to MSP. I don’t know. How are you supposed to predict these things.
So here I am… Still on a plane. Out in the Minnesota sky somewhere… Just wanting to be on the ground in California, where the weather is supposedly gorgeous. Just Minneapolis is having all the problems.
2:21AM CST
So I’ve been at the Minneapolis airport for 7 and a half hours. Sleep is basically not an option since the airport has loud music and bright lights. So I’ve been chatting with other stranded passengers.
Basically what happened to me is I worked with another gate agent to book another flight, so instead of going to Santa Ana, I’m going to LAX boarding at 6:32am… Only 3.5 more hours to wait… Yay… At least I’m getting to LA at 9-ish instead of waiting even longer. I just wish I could sleep. I’ve been awake for too long, and traveling takes a lot out of you. I can’t wait to tumble into a bed and sleep.
11:14AM PST
I am finally at my final destination. My flight from MSP to LAX went without interruption. For that I am grateful. Now to relax.
So I'm now at my aunt and uncle's house, grateful that my 19 hour travel time is over. And very ready for a fun and relaxing week. :D
I'm sure you'll hear more from me soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment