Happy Independence Day my fellow Americans. Although if you're reading this (and you're male) congratulations your independence is (probably) over.
I know, I know, "Haha Ali you're so funny stop yammering on and get to the point." Well my friends, I have a treat for you today that will blow. your. mind. Like fireworks. Boom.
OK I'll stop.
So you've finally found the woman (note how I didn't spell "women". Ugh. Spelling pet peeve numero uno. Sorry.) Anyways, you've found the woman of your dreams. You've chased and you've waited and you've planned (and probably begged) and she's finally yours. Congratulations! And since you're reading this you may be scratching your head as to what happens now. Well, my lovelies I will tell you some easy things to do to ensure that this lovely lady NEVER wants to leave.
NUMERO UNO:
CONTINUE TO DO WHAT YOU DID WHEN YOU WERE CHASING HER!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely cannot stress this enough. She fell for you because of all the paragraphs you sent her in the morning. The popping in to see her at work. The pet names. The way you "weren't scared" to call her father "sir" and shake his hand. The way you tease her about things she does. The ways you supported her. The compliments. The sentimentality. Every-freaking-thing you did to woo and win her heart. Keep doing ALL of those things. ALL of the time. My grandparents are in their 70's/80's and they still call each other "babe". They brag about each other all the time, and (because I'm a nosey granddaughter who reads things) they get each other cards for special occasions and they remind each other of how special the other one is to them. And they have a fantastic relationship. I'm so jealous. I hope my relationship looks like theirs. Today and 80 years from now.
PART B:
Take initiative
It absolutely SUCKSSSSS when you have the "idk. what you want lol" "no what u want" conversation I don't care who you are. If you asked and she doesn't know, figure something out. I remember when Tucker and I were first dating we had a situation like this and he just drove and didn't tell me where we were going. We ended up at some park and had an absolutely wonderful time. It's one of my favorite memories. So you never know, she might actually like what you decide. Surprise.
LETTER 3:
Don't be a jerk
This should go without saying but some guys don't get it so ima just lay it on ya. DUDES! Don't. be. a. jerk. Don't be selfish or overly jealous or controlling or insecure or whateva. A little bit goes a long way. A little bit of "He best not be touchin' you 'cause you mine!" is cute and attractive, especially when accompanied by a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek OK?
NUMBER D:
Physical is OK
I know everybody says all guys think about is touching and kissing and SEX. But let me tell you a secret. Girls think about it too. And you know what? When I'm just randomly looking at something at the store and Tuck comes up behind me and gives me and hug, perches his chin on my shoulder and says "Whatcha doin'?" MY HEART MELTS PPL OK!? Hugs and kisses and pokes and holding hands and little pinches etc are THE LITERAL CUTEST so keep doing those things because they're important.
PART 5:
Go out of your way to make her smile
Part of being in a relationship is the fact that your life is no longer just about you. Yes your needs and wants are valid and important, but so are hers. And nothing says "I love you and I care about you" more than surrendering your wants and needs to do something that means a lot to her. On her side of town? Swing by and bring her french fries. (My best friend does this and it's awesome) Bored? Pick her up and do something spontaneous even if maybe you didn't really want to. It'll make her day. If you're really daring, (and maybe if it's a special occasion), drop by where she works, ask her coworkers/boss to page her, then give her a flower or something. (That one's pretty effective.) It doesn't have to be ornate. After all, it's the thought that counts. ;)
FINALE:
Don't be clingy
I kind of touched on this already, but I'm going to expand on it a bit. Don't constantly have to be texting her. Let the woman live her life! She has girlfriends. Don't get baloney nosed when she's out for a girl's night and doesn't answer the 10 texts you sent her. You feel me? You wouldn't want her to get all nasty if you were out with the bros would you? NO! So don't be like that with her.
So there you are, gentlemen. As always, thank you for choosing M&M, and have a wonderful day. And B-T-Dubs, SORRY for the hiatus. I was out of town and then working and stuff so my blog hasn't gotten much love. I'll try to be better. I swear.
MKAY BYE
No comments:
Post a Comment