Tuesday, March 22, 2016

How to Enjoy Something you don't really Enjoy

I am not an athlete.  Anyone who's seen me play anything but frisbee will readily agree.  So how did I end up dating a guy who's played everything from soccer and tennis to bowling and cross country?  He loves sports and he's always talking about sports news and fantasy teams, while I would rather talk about music and the arts.

So how do I (or we) make this work? He goes to orchestra concerts with me and I do sports with him.
What?

No, I don't play sports. I go and watch.  Well... I did bowl with him once or twice, but it was pretty pathetic.  But I learned last fall that I actually enjoy going with Tucker to the golf course.  He plays his round and I just walk with him, pull the flags, and today I took my camera with me and snapped some pretty cool pictures.

So there's the key:  If you want to enjoy something you typically wouldn't, look for a part of it that you do enjoy.  I love practicing my "photography", and I love spending time with Tuck.  Why not do both of those things while he's doing something he enjoys as well?

Because I'm so proud of several of my pictures, I did want to share a couple of them with you.

This is a Sand Trap at Forest Akers, one of two golf courses at MSU

MSU squirrels are so used to having their pictures taken that they literally pose now!

Signs of Spring in Michigan: The robins return!

No comments:

Post a Comment