I am so so so so so sorry for neglecting this blog for so long! I meant to write, honestly, but I've been dealing with a ton of crap and I just haven't been able to write...even my notebooks have been abandoned.
However! I have reached a place where all the crap is drawing to a close and I have some time to just sit and write to my readers and let y'all know what's going on in my head. I am typing on my new MacBook Pro, and people this thing is amazing! (A wise investment for an incoming college freshman, if I do say so.) My senior recital went off without too much issue thanks to my amazing family and (screw it, I'm gonna say it) my soon-to-be boyfriend, Tucker. (That's a story for another blog post)
So today's topic is "Changes".
Kind of a broad topic, I know, but it's one that I've been gaining some extensive experience in. I'm 18, a high school graduate, and I'm becoming an adult. I co-signed my first credit card, have had to sign for myself, and basically do "adult" things. It's not fun growing up. But aside from all that, there are other changes that my becoming an adult has forced onto my family and friends.
People go through changes all the time. Some changes can't be helped. (Like growing up) Some changes are good. (Graduating or getting a job) Some changes are not so pleasant. (Like a loved one passing away) And still others are neither good nor bad--it just depends on your attitude toward the changes.
I had to change schools my Junior and Senior years of high school. That was a change that I handled very poorly. When big life changes hit, the best way to look at them is with positivity--something I struggle with constantly. It's so easy to look at big changes as a bad thing. And in all honesty, a lot of them aren't as bad as we make them out to be.
I think another thing we struggle with in regards to change is the fact that it doesn't happen how we think it should. Maybe we expected a change, but when it happened it didn't come to pass exactly how we envisioned it. I've seen people get extremely paranoid when this happens. They grasp at any and every opportunity to regain control. But what they don't realize is that change is like a freight train moving through the open west. You can grab a hand-hold but you can't stop that train. It's going to drag you along with it so you better get on or let go.
Change isn't something that can be controlled.
The world is always changing. Compare even 20 years ago to now. I was born in 1996...I'm 18 years old. When I was born, there was no such thing as an iPhone. There was no such thing as a smartphone. Today, in 2015, I'm using an iPhone 6 and a MacBook Pro--some of the most advanced mobile technology of the time.
If people refuse to accept these changes, they miss out on a world of information. You're reading this post on some sort of technology. There's so much out there that you can access with a click or a tap. So congratulations, you've done pretty well accepting those changes. The car you drive is equipped with safety technology that didn't exist 20 years ago. There are numerous other changes that have taken place in the world, and I'm sure I don't need to make an exhaustive list. You get the point.
I guess my point is this: change can be good.
Sure, some change might be hard to accept or to adjust to, and that's understandable. But through all the changes life brings you have to keep in mind that everything will work out how it was meant to be in the end. You'll be okay. Keep your chin up. Don't give up.
Again, I apologize for the lengthy delay. I promise not to neglect you guys so much in the future. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment