Sunday, June 11, 2017

I'M ENGAGED!

Yesterday, on June 10, my boyfriend of nearly 2 years asked me to be his wife.  (Yay!) Many people have been DYING to know how, when, where, etc. Tucker popped the question, so I figured I'd just write it all down and give all the backstory here.

On my 19th birthday, Tucker and I went out to the Lewis Arboretum.  It's at the very south side of campus away from the noise and bustling life on campus, and is usually pretty quiet.  The stars are also amazing.  My favorite section of the arboretum is a little area  called "The English Garden" because when you walk in it's like stepping back to 19th century England.  So we decided to go stargazing in the English Garden. We looked at the stars, watched the train go by, talked about life, and made wishes on the shooting star that flew by.

I don't remember the wish specifically, but he said he thought it was that I wished we could be together forever.

So fast forward to the present.  I spent the night with my best friend Emma, and we spontaneously planned a double date.  Tucker brought his camera, so I figured it would be me and him having a "couple's session" with Emma and her boyfriend.  In fact, I even dragged them into the English garden because the roses were blooming and I wanted to see them.  We took some pictures with them and Emma said she wanted some of Tucker and I.  I have no recent pictures of the two of us so it seemed like a good idea to me.  It was the perfect setup... me distracted by the cameras being pointed at us, etc. so it really did come as a surprise to me when all of a sudden my boyfriend was on one knee asking me to marry him.


So my fiancé picked the perfect spot to propose to me, and OF COURSE I said yes.  The wedding won't be for a couple of years yet for a multitude of reasons, but I couldn't be happier.  The ring is GORGEOUS, but it doesn't photograph very well because of the nature of the diamond.  

So there you are: the story of how he proposed.  It wasn't his original plan, but I'm leaving for a week here next Sunday so that kind of put a time constraint on things.  I love this man with my whole heart, and I am so excited to start planning the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment