Sunday, February 14, 2016

Brain Trails: Random Ramblings about being Bored and Valentine's Day

Sometimes I wish I'd done a YouTube channel instead of a blog, but then I realize I'm a lot funnier on paper than in person. :P

I wanted to do something funny for your Valentine's Day entertainment, but I am the least funny person on the face of the planet with the exception of Severus Snape.  (Yes I started reading Harry Potter finally)  

But I also don't want to bore you with another scolding about respecting those who mourn today for reasons other than being single or telling you what your relationship should look like.  So you see, I'm rather at a loss for material.  I can't tell you about my plans because they haven't happened yet.  So all in all, I'm completely useless as far as Valentine's material.  Other than the fact that I have an official Valentine's date now.  (Besides my ex who probably forgot Valentine's anyway, and just having a crush on the guy I'm now dating last year.)  

So here's little me sitting at her desk, waiting for 5 o'clock when I finally get to do something and wondering what to do in the meantime.  Don't you hate that?  The waiting and anticipation when you're looking forward to something and it's SO CLOSE you're practically there but you're not there yet and it feels like it's taking AGES to get there?  

And you know what's worse?  When you FINALLY get to that event you've been anticipating and then it seems like time flies by and it's over way too soon?  And then you're left with dozens of memories of a wonderful time.  That's why I love smartphones.  Having an instant camera to record all the happy moments, a camcorder to catch that silly thing your companion(s) are doing, "instant" text messaging so you can swap those photos and videos as well as converse about the moments you enjoyed most, and of course Facebook to share EVERYTHING on.  

I've made a little commitment to myself for my date with Tucker tonight.  Yes, I'm going to take pictures (maybe), and yes I'm going to take a silly video or two (maybe), but I'm not going to post everything on Facebook.  And the reasons why are actually entwined in my last two Valentine's Day posts:  1) Who on my Facebook friends list is going through relationship difficulty?  Why should I blow up Facebook with 50 pictures of my enjoying an evening with my boyfriend?  2) As a general rule I try to keep things off Facebook that are relationship related.  I mean yes, sometimes if I find a quiz that's one of those "Who's your soulmate" and it brings up Tucker, then sure, I might post it.  (Most of the time those things pick my best friend Emma instead but you know...) I've written things for milestones (like reaching 6 months).  But for the most part (with the exception of Instagram) I try to keep the sap off social media.  (But also keep in mind that Instagram isn't something I post on every single day) 

Anyways, I guess that's enough rambling.  I hope everyone enjoys their various Valentine's Celebrations.  Stay safe, have fun, and enjoy each other's company. I'm going to go browse Pinterest for Sherlock and Otters.  Bye-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment