Sunday, February 2, 2014

Me vs. Sports Fans Everywhere

It seems everyone gets SUPER excited about the superbowl.  Me?  This is what goes on when someone mentions the superbowl.  (Hypothetically and sarcastically stated, of course)

OHMYGOSH I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE SUPERBOWL!!!

wow

Who do you want to win?

Who's even playing?

How do you not know!?

I don't care maybe?  I have a life maybe? 

Well, it's Denver and Seattle. 

Okay.  One more piece of useless information that will have to be deleted from my brain thank you. 

Well who do you want to win!?

I don't care. 

You have to care.  Come on.  Who?

Denver. 

OHMYGOSH NOOOOOOO!!!! 

You asked.  I answered. 

But Seattle is better. 

I don't care. 

OK, I confess, I am pulling for the Denver Broncos, but I have my own reasons.  I didn't even know it was Superbowl Sunday until this morning.  I found out who was playing yesterday.  I'm one of the 13-19% who cares the most about Major League Baseball.  Even then I'm a mediocre fan of the Detroit Tigers. 

For me, sports are just pointless.  It's boring to watch 'em unless they're live.  Seriously.  I don't want to stare at live TV for three hours.  I'd rather be in the bleachers.  Better yet, I'd rather be playing that sport with my friends. 

So that's why I'm sitting here writing this post while the biggest game in the NFL is being played.  Because I don't care.  I'll hear a play-by-play from all the people who do care tomorrow.  As long as I know who won, I'm good.  Even then, I still don't care.  I don't remember who won the superbowl from year to year anyways. 

To all the sports enthusiasts in the States, enjoy the game, and please drink responsibly...wait...I don't even care what the...okay good night.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment